Cannabis stems are often thought of as nothing more than waste material, but they can actually be quite useful. In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the ways you can make use of cannabis stems, including making edibles, tea, and more.
Checkout this video:
Why save your cannabis stems?
When most people think of cannabis, they think of the buds. But what about the stems? While they may not be as potent as the buds, cannabis stems still have some uses. Here are a few reasons why you might want to save your stems instead of throwing them away.
One of the biggest advantages of saving your cannabis stems is that you can use them to make your own hashish or kief. Hashish is made by separating the trichomes from the plant material, and kief is just a concentrated form of hashish. If you have a lot of stems, you can use them to make a large amount of hashish or kief.
Cannabis stems can also be used to make edibles. If you grind up the stems and mix them with butter or oil, you can use them in any recipe that calls for cannabutter or cannabis-infused oil Just be aware that the potency of edibles made with cannabis stems will be lower than edibles made with buds.
Finally, cannabis stems can be used to make tea. Just like regular tea, cannabis stem tea will not get you high since the THC has been removed during the decarboxylation process. However, it can still offer some health benefits thanks to the other compounds found in cannabis plants
How to make tea from cannabis stems
Cannabis stems can be used to make a delicious and healthy tea. This is a great way to use up stems that you may have leftover from trimming your plants. Stems are also a good source of cannabidiol (CBD), which is known for its medicinal properties.
To make cannabis stem tea, you will need:
-1-2 grams of dried cannabis stems
-250ml of water
-Honey or sugar (optional)
1. Break the stems into small pieces using your hands or a pestle and mortar.
2. Place the stem pieces into a teapot or teacup.
3. Boil water and pour over the stems, making sure to cover them completely.
4. Allow the tea to steep for 10 minutes, then strain off the liquid into another cup using a fine mesh strainer or coffee filter.
5. Sweeten with honey or sugar if desired and enjoy!
How to make cannabutter from cannabis stems
If you’re looking for a way to use up your leftover cannabis stems, why not try making cannabutter? Cannabutter is a great way to add a boost of THC to your favorite recipes, and it’s really easy to make. Here’s how:
1. Start by decarboxylating your cannabis. This process will activate the THC in the stems and make it more potent. To do this, spread your stems on a baking sheet and bake them at 220 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes.
2. Once your stems are decarboxylated, grind them up into small pieces.
3. Melt some butter in a saucepan over low heat, then add your ground-up cannabis stems and simmer for 2-3 hours.
4. Once the mixture has simmered, strain it through a cheesecloth or coffee filter to remove the plant matter.
5. Store your cannabutter in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for longer-term storage.
How to make cannabis stem oil
Cannabis stems are full of beneficial compounds like cannabidiol (CBD) and terpenes. Unfortunately, they also contain tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA), the precursor to THC, so they won’t get you high. However, you can use them to make a variety of products, including cannabis stem oil.
To make cannabis stem oil, you’ll need to strip the stems of their leaves and flowers. You can do this by hand or with a grinder. Once the stems are stripped, they can be ground up into a fine powder using a coffee grinder or food processor.
The ground-up stems will need to be decarboxylated before they can be used to make oil. This can be done by baking them in an oven at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes. Once the stems are decarboxylated, they can be added to a carrier oil like olive oil or coconut oil The ratio of stems to oil will depend on your personal preference but a good starting point is 1 gram of stems for every 2 ounces of carrier oil.
Once the cannabis stems are added to the carrier oil, the mixture will need to be heated until it reaches 250 degrees Fahrenheit. The entire process should take no more than 4 hours. After the allotted time has elapsed, the cannabis stem oil can be used in any number of recipes or applied topically as needed.
How to make a tincture from cannabis stems
Tinctures are a quick and easy way to ingest your cannabis, and stems pack just as much of a punch as regular ol’ leaves. In this guide, we’ll show you how to make a tincture from stems in just a few simple steps.
What You’ll Need:
-A glass jar with a lid
-Cannabis stems (1-2 grams)
-High proof alcohol (80 proof or higher)
-Cheesecloth or a coffee filter
-A dark colored glass bottle with a dropper top
1. Start by grinding your cannabis stems coarsely. You don’t want to turn them into powder, but you do want them to be broken up enough that they’ll infuse well.
2. Add your ground cannabis stems to your jar, and then pour in enough alcohol to completely cover them. We recommend using Everclear, as it has a high proof and neutral flavor, but any 80 proof or higher alcohol will work.
3. Screw on the lid and give the mixture a good shake, then store it in a dark cabinet or drawer for 2-3 weeks, shaking it once a day.
4. After 2-3 weeks, strain your tincture through cheesecloth or a coffee filter into another jar or container. Be sure to squeeze all the liquid out of the plant matter so you don’t waste any of your tincture!
5. Pour your tincture into the dark colored glass bottle using a funnel, and then put the dropper top on. Store in a cool, dark place and enjoy as needed!
How to make a topical from cannabis stems
Cannabis stems are a great source of cannabidiol (CBD), which is a non-psychoactive compound that has a wide range of potential health benefits. One of the best ways to use cannabis stems is to make a topical CBD cream or salve.
To make a CBD topical from cannabis stems, you will need:
-1/4 cup of ground cannabis stems
-1/2 cup of coconut oil
-1/4 cup of beeswax
-10 drops of essential oil (optional)
1. Grind the cannabis stems into a fine powder using a coffee grinder or herb blender.
2. In a double boiler, melt the coconut oil and beeswax together.
3. Stir in the ground cannabis stems and essential oil (if using).
4. Pour the mixture into a glass jar or container and allow it to cool and solidify.
5. To use, massage a small amount of the topical into your skin as needed.
How to make a suppository from cannabis stems
Cannabis stems can be used to make a variety of different products. One popular use for stems is to make a suppository. Suppositories are small, round, cone-shaped objects that are inserted into the body for medicinal purposes.
To make a cannabis suppository, you will need:
-1 gram of cannabis stems
-1/2 gram of cocoa butter
-A small piece of aluminium foil
-A small glass jar or container
Start by grinding the cannabis stems into a fine powder using a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle. Melt the cocoa butter in a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir in the ground cannabis stems until they are fully incorporated.
Place the mixture on a piece of aluminium foil and shape it into a small, cone-shaped object. Place the suppository in the freezer for 15 minutes to allow it to harden. Remove from the freezer and store in a glass jar or container in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
How to make edibles from cannabis stems
If you’re like most people, you probably throw away your cannabis stems after you’ve smoked or vaped the buds. But what if we told you that those stems can actually be used to make edibles?
That’s right, those pesky stems that seem to have no use can actually be used to infuse butter or oil, which can then be used in all sorts of recipes. So before you toss them in the trash, consider saving them so you can make some delicious edibles.
Here’s how to do it:
1. First, you need to decarboxylate your stems. This process will activate the THC and other cannabinoids so they can be infused into butter or oil. To decarboxylate your stems, simply spread them out on a baking sheet and bake them in the oven at 220 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
2. Once your stems have been decarboxylated, it’s time to infuse them into butter or oil. We recommend using a slow cooker for this process as it will help to better preserve the cannabinoids.
Simply add your decarboxylated stems (along with any leftover bits of bud) to the slow cooker, then add your butter or oil of choice. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring occasionally.
3. Once your infusion is complete, strain it through a cheesecloth or coffee filter to remove the plant matter. Your infused butter or oil is now ready to use in any recipe!
How to make a charlotte’s web tincture from cannabis stems
Cannabis stems are often thought of as waste product, but they can actually be used to make a number of different products, including tinctures. Tinctures are a concentrated form of cannabis that can be taken orally or added to food or drink. To make a charlotte’s web tincture from cannabis stems, you will need:
-1 ounce of dried cannabis stems
-1 pint of high-proof alcohol (100 proof or higher)
Grind the cannabis stems into a fine powder using a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle. Place the ground stems into the airtight container. Pour the alcohol over the ground stems, making sure that they are completely covered. Seal the container and shake it vigorously for 1 minute. Store the container in a cool, dark place for 2-3 weeks, shaking it daily.
After 2-3 weeks, strain the liquid through a cheesecloth or coffee filter into a clean jar or bottle. Store the tincture in a cool, dark place and use as needed.
How to make a cannaghee from cannabis stems
If you’re looking for a way to make use of those leftover cannabis stems, why not try making a cannaghee? Cannaghee is a type of clarified butter that has been infused with cannabis. It’s a versatile cooking ingredient that can be used in all sorts of recipes, from savory dishes to sweet treats.
To make cannaghee, you will need:
-1 cup of water
-1 pound of butter
-1 ounce of cannabis stems (or leaves)
-A medium saucepan
The first step is to decarboxylate your cannabis stems. This can be done bySpread them out on an oven-safe tray and bake them at 240 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes. Doing this will activate the THC in the stems, making it more potent.
Once your stems are decarboxylated, it’s time to start infusing them into the butter. Start by boiling the water in the saucepan over medium heat. Once it comes to a boil, add the butter and let it melt completely. Then, add the cannabis stems and reduce the heat to low. Let the mixture simmer for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
After 3-4 hours, remove the pan from heat and let it cool slightly. Then, strain the mixture through cheesecloth into a clean container. Be sure to squeeze the cheesecloth to get all of the cannaghee out. And that’s it! Your cannaghee is now ready to use in any recipe you like.